The results have been received, tabulated, calculated, analyzed, and are now available for the public. The winners of the 2010 Linescratchers Awards are in! Continue reading “Winners of the 2010 Linescratchers Awards”
Well, it’s finally that time: the time to vote on the best Linescratchers artists from 2010. We have some stellar artists this year who have released some amazing music. Please read the rules for each award to make sure you know what you’re voting for. It’s also ideal if you’re familiar with the music you’re voting for. The poll will close on January 14th, and the results will be released on January 15th. Voters and readers: tell your friends! Artists: tell your fans!
ONLY ONE VOTE PER PERSON PLEASE! WE’RE ON THE HONOR SYSTEM HERE! Continue reading “2010 Linescratchers Awards Voting”
Welcome to the nominations for the 2010 Linescratchers Popular Award. This is where you can nominate your favorite musician who released an album sometime in 2010. The nominations will be open till the beginning of January. Popular voting to determine the winner will occur in January. Use the comments section to make your nominations (I’ll man the spam filter to make sure everyone’s nominations get through).
Rules (PLEASE READ):
1. Artists must currently (as of this year) self-identify as LDS. If it is not well-known that your artist is LDS, please provide a link showing that your artist is indeed LDS. This contest isn’t for closeted Mormons. If artists contact me and ask to be taken off the list for any reason, they will quietly disappear from the list.
2. If it is a band, at least one member of the band must self-identify as LDS. Again, please provide a link.
3. Artists must have released a full-length album (EPs or singles are not sufficient) between Jan. 1st, 2010, and Dec. 31st, 2010. Please provide the name of the album and if possible a link.
4. There is no worthiness or activity requirement for nominations.
5. Linescratchers is for “LDS musicians who don’t write LDS music.” Keep that in mind when you make your nominations. Deseret Book and other faith-based organizations can and do have their own awards.
6. You may nominate as many artists as you wish, as long as they satisfy the conditions of the award.
7. You may nominate both Linescratchers featured artists, and non-featured artists.
If you have any questions or want clarification about any artist, please email me at linescratchers(at)gmail.com.
I’m pleased to announce the first annual Linescratchers Awards: a yearly contest wherein we vote on the best albums from LDS artists of the whole year. This will be a great opportunity for musicians to get prizes, recognition, and exposure for their work, and if it goes well, it will happen every year. We are giving out three awards this year:
The Linescratchers Award
This award is given out to featured artists on Linescratchers who have released a full-length album anytime in 2010. The nomination pool, taken from the list of Our Artists, will be given in an upcoming post, and the decision will be made with a popular vote.
This award is available to any LDS musician who released a full-length album in 2010, regardless of whether we have featured them or not. Nominations will be done by you, our readers, in an upcoming post. Then, the decision will be made by popular vote.
This award is given by the staff of Linescratchers to one musician or band who we think really embodies the mission of Linescratchers. Decision is made by secret combination.
The nominations for the Popular Award will begin very soon, so stay tuned. In the meantime, start thinking about your favorite LDS artists who have released albums this year. You’ll have a chance to nominate them for a Linescratchers award!